GIST scholarships for international students 2021 in South Korea at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology offering Fully Funded Scholarship to Study Masters and Ph.D. Degree Programs.
- Country: South Korea
- University: Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
- Course Level: Masters/MPhil and Ph.D. MS leading to Ph.D
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 15th April 2021
South Korea Ranked among Top Countries for their Quality Education.
There is No Application Fee Required for GIST Scholarship.
GIST Stands for Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology.There are almost 300 scholarship available for Masters/MPhil and PhD and MS leading to PhD for Fall 2021. All the Expenses will be Covered by GIST University.
GIST scholarships for international students benefits
All the Financial Expenses will be covered by the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology include:
- Tuition Fully Supported: 3,415,000 won per semester
- Monthly Stipends (All International Students):
- Student Allowance: 140,000 won per month for M.S. students, 295,000 won per month for Ph.D. students
- Meal allowance: nearly 100,000 won per month
- 120,000 won per month. GPA of 3.0 or higher (out of 4.5) in the previous semester
- 4,820,000 won per year of M.S.
- 11,480,000 won per year of Ph.D.
- 60% of the Korean National Health Insurance fee is supported.
- Annual Medical checkup
- Reimbursement for a one-way flight to Korea
Major available GIST scholarships for international students
GIST offers M.S., Ph.D., and integrated M.S. and Ph.D. degree programs. It normally takes two years to finish an M.S. program and four years for a Ph.D. program
The maximum completion times for the M.S., Ph.D., and M.S./Ph.D. programs are three years, seven years, and eight years respectively.
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Life Science
- Department of Chemistry
- School of Integrated Technology
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering
- Department of Physics and Photon Science
- Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence Graduate School
Eligibility Criteria of the GIST Scholarships
- should hold a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree if applying for MS
- should hold a master’s or equivalent degree if applying for Ph.D
- All international students are eligible
How to Apply for GIST Scholarships for international students
- Official transcripts and certificates
- scanned copy of passport
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- English proficiency test
- A candidate should submit the application online.
- All required material should be sent to GIST by mail.
- Wait for the email of the results.
- Selected candidates would submit enrollment documents and matriculation fees.
- A candidate would apply for the student’s visa.
The last date to apply for the GIST scholarships for international students is April 15, 2021.